The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Becoming An Owner Operator
If you consider becoming an owner operator, take in mind that while it is true that countless of people can handle and drive trucks, not everyone could easily become an owner operator. For a fact, there are a number of valuable things which you have to learn especially if you wish to earn or make income through being self-employed and have your own enterprise. Some of the things that you need to learn comprise of bookkeeping, equipment, taxes, permits, expenses, management as well licenses.
The good news is that becoming an owner operator at Status Transportation can provide you lots of irresistible perks. However, just like in many other kinds of profession, you also need to be wary of the not-so-good side of being one. Let us explore on the pros and cons of being an owner operator:
Not to mention, there are a great number of benefits you can enjoy if you decide to become an owner operator at Status Transportation and some of these consist of the following:
- If you decide to become an owner operator, for sure, you can delight in a very flexible working schedule precisely because you are not merely tied up to a 9 am to 5 pm type of job schedule.
- An owner operator can take pleasure in a decent lifestyle.
- Being an owner operator could give you the chance to take joy in a secured job, obviously, this is considered quite rare in the job market nowadays. What is more, with greater demand in drivers, one may have vast options when it comes to jobs and you shall be highly appreciated and recognized by your employer.
- It is a lot easier for you to make more personal decisions.
- The best of all, you can consider yourself as your own boss.
- You will have lots of opportunities to see and go to impressive locations and areas in the region or state.
Just like in many other occupations out there, the reality is that even though you luxuriate in a lot of irresistible perks, it cannot be denied that you also have to prepare yourself for some drawbacks. You have to accept the fact that there is no such thing as perfect occupation.
- It is true that you are not to work for a 9 am to 5 pm job, but this means that you shall put in twenty hours days. In other words, you have to be ready going without enough sleep, showers and food. There’s got to be more waiting to get a load and wait again to get loaded and another wait to get unloaded. So, you’ll do more a lot of sitting too.
- You get to be your own boss but this goes with the many issues, decisions and stress that come with being an enterprise owner. Here, it is absolutely crucial to have the ability to make a lot of your own decisions.
- Whether you like it or not, you will be gone from home most of the time.
- You can actually make a good living but only if you work a lot harder. Take into consideration that isn’t easy to do as the rates of freights are cut and for that reason you’re forced to load for less money. It is worthy of note that rates are not greater than they were several years ago, in point of fact, in many occurrences, they are lower. In a nutshell, this simply implies that most of the earnings you make shall solely go back into the truck.
As you can see, if you are searching for secure, flexible and independent type of job with lots of perks and decent pay, then, becoming an owner operator might be the ideal career for you!